Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Sonshine School Program

"We really do need to get a better camera", I always say after an event like Avery's school program. We are still using our digital camera, given to us by our class at Broadway on our furlough from Kenya in 2000. We were so proud, then, that it had 1.3 megapixels!! Sadly, we are still using it and I'm sure any point-and-shoot you can buy now is no less than 4 or 5 megapixels! So our photos aren't the best, but we do have lots of them!
Here are some picts of Avery at her school program. She was the only child dancing while they were getting eveyone ready to say the pledge of allegiance! I was pretty impressed, myself. Last year she stood up there with her hands in her mouth very frightfully, so I'm glad to see she has become more confident on stage! Their program was western, and they were supposed to bring their own hat if they had one. This is the hat she wanted to wear, and when it had the rim bent up, it looked pretty good, but she kept pulling it down so that she looked like a flapper, so in the end I wished she'd just worn the one supplied by school that most of the other kids wore. Oh well, she was happy nonetheless!

Notice the child on her left watching her in all the pictures? I think he was pretty enthralled with her!

Here she is dancing, and the little boy is watching her again!




Avery's good friend Lexi.




I bet not many kids had grandparents AND great-grandparents at the program! We are so glad we live near them.

1 comment:

Robby and Lynsey said...

I'm so sad we couldn't be there for her program ... it looks like it would have been so cute and so fun to watch! How lucky that Grandmother and Grandad got to go, too!!! :)